Caught Sleeping At Work
Try these excuses:
- They told me at the blood bank that this might happen.
- This is just a 15 minute power nap like they raved about in that time management course you sent me to.
- I was working smarter - not harder.
- Whew! I must have left the top off the whiteout.
- I wasn’t sleeping! I was meditating on the mission statement and envisioning a new paradigm!
- This is one of the seven habits of highly effective people!
- I was testing the keyboard for drool resistance.
- I’m in the management training program.
- I’m actually doing a Stress Level Elimination Exercise Plan (SLEEP) I learned at the last mandatory seminar you made me attend.
- This is in exchange for the six hours last night when I dreamed about work!
- I was doing a highly specific Yoga exercise to relieve work related stress. Do you discriminate against people who practice Yoga?
- Damn! Why did you interrupt me? I had almost figured out a solution to our biggest problem.
- The coffee machine is broken.... Someone must have put decaf in the wrong pot.
- Boy, that cold medicine I took last night just won’t wear off.
- Ah, the unique and unpredictable circadian rhythms of the workaholic!
- I wasn’t sleeping. I was trying to pick up my contact lens without my hands.
- The mail courier flipped out and pulled a gun so I was playing dead to avoid getting shot.
- Geez, I thought you (the boss) were gone for the day.